Product Management has become the executive track at companies like Google, Facebook and Twitter. The product manager must have good analytical, problem solving, technical, and business skills to deliver a great end to end user experience. In this course, we give an introduction to the software Product Manager (PM) role and its scope.
Then we dig deeper into product owner’s activities from building a product vision to prioritizing product backlog and designing the product. We also take a look at the software development lifecycle SDLC and trends in managing agile product development. We will also talk about working with cross-functional teams. Lastly, we review some product metrics that help us steer our products in the right direction.
Who is this MOOC for?
- New and mid-career level product managers that want to be empowered with skills and tools to build strong products
- University students who want are considering Product Management as a career choice
- Software developers, designers, quality engineers and other professionals in IT who contribute to the software development lifecycle Entrepreneurs whose businesses depend in one way or another on software products.
What You Will Learn
- Learners have a solid understanding of the PM role in technology companies
- Learners are able to draft personas, use cases and Product Requirement Documents (PRDs)
- Learns understand the importance of a clear product vision on the success of the product
- Learners understand how to manage a product backlog
- Learners will be able to express their a product vision and critique their product
- Learners will be able to evaluate if product management is a good fit for their career.
COURSE INSTRUCTOR AND STAFF
Mohammad is a former Google Product Manager and a founder of his own startup creating products in the field of Virtual Reality (VR).
At Google, Mohammad lead product efforts for wide initiatives to enable teams to build excellent products. Prior to that, he was the head of Launch & Readiness at Google Apps for Work where he lead a cross functional team managing product launches, product roadmap, trusted tester and launch communications.
Prior to Google, Mohammad worked in software engineering and technical sales positions in the video games and semiconductor industries mostly in small startups.
Samar has a BSC in Computer Engineering from Cairo University. She started her career working at Modern Sciences and Arts University as a Teacher Assistant. She moved on to work for IBM for nine years, starting as a software engineer then working as a consultant for customer service management programs.
Ibrahem Abu Hijleh
Ibrahem has graduated from Princess Sumaya University with a bachelor degree in Computer Science. He has been working as project/product manager for the past 4 years. He is also the founder of Product Managers Community in Jordan. He recently finished an immersive course in Product management from General Assembly - NY, USA. Ibrahem is a member of WEF- Global shapers.